I work one-on-one with teachers to define and solve teaching issues. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how brief consultation can help you!
I specialize in course design interventions for upcoming semesters. Learn how to teach in a way that makes the best and most efficient use of your time, and that promotes the learning that you think matters most.
Faculty Writing Workshops
I co-facilitate an annual summer Scholarly Writing Retreat at Duke University with my colleague Jennifer Ahern-Dodson. Details and registration here: https://sites.duke.edu/facultywrite/writing-workshops/
Teaching and Learning Workshops
I offer pedagogy workshops suitable for faculty in all disciplines. Topics include:
- Assignment and Course Design for Student Engagement
- Responding to Student Writing Efficiently and Effectively
- Teaching the Verbs: Identifying and Supporting What Matters Most
- Communicating with Students
- Developing Your Personal Teaching Style